I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Building Art


Building Art
October 2, 2009

I have always been fascinated with building art. There are three types of building art with the primary goal of the first being advertising a product and/or business. This type of art was the precursor to bill boards and advertising signs. The second type is meant to beautify the side or front of a building as a way of conveying something about the owner of the building or perhaps supporting a community focal point. The third type is the one that tends to get a bit more publicity because it is viewed as vandalism. Graffiti has been an ongoing problem for many communities but with all the legalities aside it is amazing how gorgeous some of this building art is.

Pictured is the building art for advertising the Jacom Leinenkugel Brewing Company in Chippewa Falls and Milwaukee in Wisconsin. The art that expanded an entire wall of the building just caught my attention so I was quite pleased that the picture came out as good as it did. The muted colours just add to the eye appeal.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.