I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, November 23, 2009

Advertising

Alymer pasta sauce advertisment
Advertising
November 19, 2009

Everywhere we go these days we are bombarded with advertising. Since there is no easy getting away from it short of becoming a hermit with no access to the outside world, we may as well poke a little fun at it. Now to my way of thinking advertisers must think the average Joe Q. Public is a complete moron eagerly awaiting every opportunity he or she can find to part with their hard earned dollars. Advertisers are so sure Joe Q. Public is going to believe their sales pitch they use the same techniques over and over with only a bit of variation. Just how many times a day can you watch flowers or sparkles come out of the latest, greatest soap bottle on television? Advertisers have even convinces Joe Q. Public that home cooking is way too complicated and it goes on with them playing a cat and mouse game each changing the advertising game board just slightly enough to keep the game going.

I don't know about you but I really am not interested in buying something even though it is food and I'm a foodie that is being peddled by what appears to be a raving lunatic in serious need of medication even if I could win $5,000! Sorry but the advertiser is way off on this mark. It reminds me of the one Tabasco® slot machine I've played on occasion. I seldom play it because of the graphics! Sorry Aylmer® I wouldn't try this sauce just on the basis of this ad and I don't care how much Photoshop® work you had to do get those pearly whites.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.