I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, November 08, 2009

BYBS - Busy Days Yet Peace & Quiet

Blog Your Blessings Sunday

My husband was away last week but that didn't change much here other than missing him. I continued to enjoy the weather that decided to take a turn for warmer air and sunny skies. I spent much of the week enjoying nature's beauty, winterizing and preserving food. I went shopping once during the week scoring a few good meat and vegetable deals at $1/lb. I had planned on eating out on Friday night for dinner as we usually eat out Friday nights but I had a sinus headache so decided to stay home. I curled up on the couch instead to enjoy a bit of the food channel and a move. Basically things continued on as normal, peaceful and quiet. That in itself is a blessing. Oh and I tested out our new phone system that brings a whole new meaning to peace and quiet.

Everyone knows how much I detest being disturbed by telemarketers and honestly after signing up for Canada's Do Not Call List the calls increased rather than decreased! The best part is the phone system has all the features of Bell already built in so the only thing we need from Bell is caller id meaning a $30/month savings for 3 months the $25/month after that. I like that we can control all the functions too without paying extra! Not only that it is EnergyStar qualified saving 59% in electrical use with a payback period of 2.3 months. The headsets can even be set to silent mode something I'm sure I will appreciate when the grandbabies are taking a nap. But in terms of privacy and peace of mind it has added a unexpected level of peace and quiet so this has been a real blessing. Taking control and letting technology into your home when you want is a good thing. Keeping technology out of your home when you don't want it is even better

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.