I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Saturday, November 07, 2009

Days Gone By


Days Gone By
October 30, 2009

I am a serious sucker for any wall art. I don't know why exactly but there is just something that fascinates me about it. Perhaps it it the size or the detail or just it strikes my fancy. This particular wall art is a bit bitter sweet as it is on the side of a restaurant that was part of a chain that went under. We were first introduced to the restaurant by friends of ours and it quickly became the place the four of us chose to eat. It was laid back, comfortable and served excellent foods. We shared many a fine moment there enjoying good food and good company. Like anything all good things must come to an end. Unfortunately this restaurant chain was a victim of the recent/current recession so they closed their doors. I had a chance to take a picture of the outside of the building, now lonely and abandoned the other day. It was a sad photoshoot as I snapped multiple pictures of an empty building devoid of all signage other than the wall art. Somehow the wall art just captured what I was feeling will taking the pictures. May we always remember the days gone by fondly even though the structural attributes may be missing!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.