I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

Today it is Black Friday in the US.  Black Friday is named for the day the stores are said to be in the black as opposed to being in the red (not making money).  It falls on the Friday after the American Thanksgiving which was yesterday.  Many stores put on huge sales to lure shopper's away from home to part with their hard earned dollars.  How shoppers buy on Black Friday is said to be a good indicator as to how shoppers are going to spend over the holiday season.

Some shoppers line up to shop the sales as early as 4 AM.  Say what?  There is nothing and I mean nothing I would want to buy that would have me standing in a line waiting to shop at 4 AM!  Normally we go out Friday nights for dinner and quite often we end up in the US.  Tonight we will not be crossing the border as many Canadians are.  I've decided it is going to be a buy nothing day :)

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.