I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Blog Your Blessing Sunday - Turkey Runs

Blog Your Blessings Sunday

This week were made two successful turkey runs ending up with 4 turkeys at 52¢ per pound.  We have done turkey runs ever since the kids were little.  Now they are grown with kids of their own.  The turkey runs have become a family tradition.  At one time we made enough trips to bring back 8 turkeys.  What we would do is call around to find out who wanted turkeys then we would do the turkey runs.  This year we only made two runs so two turkeys for us and one each for a couple of the kids.  The turkey runs are really an annual event my husband and I look forward to.  This year we had a lot of fun and we even stopped to enjoy eating at our favourite pub.  We reminisced over turkey runs of the past and laughed a lot while enjoying each other's company. 

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.