I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, November 29, 2010

Colder Weather

ice in the field
Ice in the Field
November 27, 2010

We have had a blissfully unseasonably mild autumn this year.  I say blissful because normally by this time of year we have had at least one or more snow falls and the furnace has been going full tilt.  With the exception of the last couple of days the furnace has been turned on but not active as the gas fireplace has been able to keep up with the cooler temperatures.  We also haven't had more that a light dusting of snow that was gone as soon as the sun was up.  Overall it has been quite lovely!

A few days ago we had a fair amount of rain overnight cause the field to flood a bit.  The colder weather with high winds resulted in the standing water on the field to turn into an icy delight.  Well at least it was delightful looking out from the warmth of the car.  It did make for a pretty picture, don't you think?

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.