I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, December 12, 2011

Basil

Ok, so you have heard of chili heads but I am a true basil head.  I love basil and good gosh one variety of basil is not good enough for me.  I grow the common sweet basil as well as five to six other varieties both indoors and outdoors.  Basil seriously rules as an herb!  When we bought our vacation home in Florida, the first plant I bought was basil.  I knew there was no way I could keep it alive when we weren't there but I knew we would enjoy fresh basil while we were there.  Then we got to know our neighbours.  Our basil plant goes to their house to be looked after while we are gone.  The plant comes back to stay with us when we are here.  They are great friends and basil brought us together.  Basil rules...

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.