I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

The Box


A couple of nights ago my husband brought home a movie to review. The move was The Box starring James Marsden, Cameron Diaz, Frank Langella, James Rebhorn, Gillian Jacobs, and Basil Hoffman. The underlying theme was a wrapped box was left on Arthur Lewis (James Marsden) and his wife, Norma's doorstep. Inside was a plain box with a button on top covered by a glass dome. A gentleman with a disfigured face then visited the couple to give them the offer. If they pressed the button they would get 1 million dollars but someone they did not know would die. So the couple was left with the dilemna that if they pressed the button they would have all that money at the price of another life. They were given 24 hours to make the decision. I don't want to turn this into a spoiler so I will leave it to you as to whether to watch the movie or not.

In life some buttons are best left not pushed and this applies to many faucets in life. Once the button is pushed there are consequences, sometimes not the ones you want.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.