I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, March 26, 2010

Late Winter Days


Late Winter Days
March 16, 2010

The weather has been gradually getting nicer. March came in like a lamb and while there is still a chance of nasty weather the temperatures just keep climbing. The water has been changing daily taking on more of the characteristic blue tones rather than the winter, icy grey tones. As the ice moves along the waterfowl continue to visit. I've been watching for signs of the mallards that always lay a nest under the hedges. They will be arriving shortly. We've seen a lot of geese and ducks this year but only spotted the eagles twice. The wild rabbits have been out all winter. A few days ago I spotted clear signs of spring with the crocuses breaking through sending up sprouts. Spring is just around the corner as we enjoy these last few days of winter.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.