I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, March 08, 2010

Canadian Geese In Flight

Canadian geese in flight
Canadian Geese in Flight
March 4, 2010

Canadian geese are beautiful waterfowl but make no never mind they can be vicious if provoked or threatened much the same as any other animal. One hit from their powerful wings is enough to break a grown man's arm. One of the things I love watching is them taking off into flight. It is very rare that I manage to get a decent enough picture to share. This picture was taken just as the geese left the water and were about 2 - feet above the water so not the actual take-off but a fairly decent picture of them in flight close to the water. What is missing from the still shot is the actual sounds from the rippling water as they lift off to the flapping wings to gain momentum and their distinctive honking. What also is missing is the very distinctive movements made going from water to take-off to flight. I so need to capture this on video!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.