I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, March 21, 2010

BYBS - Regaining Peace Via Technology

Blog Your Blessings Sunday
It's funny that sometimes it takes seriously getting angry at yourself to make a change that is long overdue. I came to the very realization that no one has the right to intrude on my privacy and no one has power over me emotionally unless I allow them that power. It's not that I did not know this before or that it was a revelation nor was it knowledge that I have not relied on in the past. In this case the problem existed because I allowed it to exist. Realizing I was allowing this to happen was a huge blessing because it spurred me into action.

Last week I took the necessary steps to increase our privacy in our home, away from home and while online. The beauty of this is I was able to use the very same technology that invades our privacy. It's scary when you think that Google cameras can go by your house gathering whatever information they want including looking in your windows. It's also scary that you no longer have any privacy in your backyard thanks to Google. But knowing how Google collects the data and how to protect your house from being a see through for Google can work to your advantage. The telephone is a remarkable device except in the hands of telemarketers yet technology exists that you don't have to deal with telemarketers. Spam and unwanted online attention from those you want no contact with can be eliminated using proper filters and blocks. Even the popular Twitter allows you to block those you don't want to deal with. So last week was very much a time for creating filters in real life and online. Thanks to the blessing of technology I was able to achieve this with minimal disruption to restore the peace we so deserve. Peace is suce a blessing!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.