I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Stadiums


Joker Marchant Stadium
January 12, 2009

Back to our Florida vacation. Our friends took us touring around the Lakeland, Florida area. One of the stops was at Joker Marchant Stadium, Florida home to the Detroit Tigers. The first day we stopped only for pictures of the outside but later in the week we went back to take pictures of inside the stadium. It was quite impressive and very much designed like Tiger Stadium in Detroit. Now this brings up a very good point about our traveling.

My husband is into sports especially golf and he is likely the biggest Detroit Redwings fan you have ever met. His sports room is decorated in mainly Redwing collectibles. He would go over and above to see the Wings play! We made one trip to Montréal just to watch them play. I was elated because I had the opportunity to do some much needed genealogy research at the Salle Gagnon. A side trip while vacationing in Las Vegas was to Phoenix, Arizona to watch a Wings game. Then there was the Florida vacation where we went to a football game, the football games we get to each year in New York and the various sports stadiums we manage to get to each year. It is amazing the number of stadiums we have had the opportunity to see!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.