I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Telemarketers Again! (sigh)



I seriously was going to hand out some donkey awards but hey, I'm in a pretty good mood so won't. Despite being on Canada's National Do Not Call List we are still being bombarded by telemarketers. If anything the telemarketer calls seems to have worsened after registering our phone number. So I'm getting a bit perturbed at still getting telemarketer calls. What I have been doing is reporting them here. Telemarketers can be fined for each call they make after you have put your phone number on the do not call list or after you verbally tell them to remove your phone number from their list. So I figure if they aren't going to listen to the fact I don't want to listen to their sales pitch they might as well pay for my annoyance! If you get any calls in Canada from the area code 978 it is a telemarketer for sure. Do not answer the call but note the date of the call and report it. If you receive a call with the number 000-000-0000 it is a telemarketer so do the same thing. One report at a time and we can take back control of our phone lines the very lines we pay for to keep in touch with family and friends not the lines we pay for to have someone give us a sales pitch at goodness knows what hours of the day. Sign up to the National Do Not Call List then report each and every unsolicited call you get!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.