I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Change


Yesterday we hosted a large event so after getting the guys settled I sat down to check my email. What was supposed to be a bit of quiet time for me turned into immediate panic. One of the banner exchanges I participate in is changing their rules dictating where the widget can be on my blogs and introducing ads that I have no control over unless I pay to not have them displayed. Neither of these changes sit well with me so I went to the forums and voiced my opinion. At the same time I cancelled all advertising form this exchange. And the heated discussions have continued. The ultimate was this afternoon when one of the moderators accused me of writing paid posts on my Blogger blogs when in fact I never have and that's one thing I really don't like. I am upset and I am fuming because I put a lot of support into it. Then I did a bit of a think.

Change is always difficult but it is an opportunity for learning and growth. It can be a blessing or a curse depending on how you look at it. In this case I think I have pretty much made up my mind as to how I will proceed in the matter. In this case change is going to be a blessing because it is a change made freely based on my guiding principles. I'm sorry but I will not compromise my principles and sell myself short by allowing something on my blogs that I know my readers would not want or appreciate or even be offended. This is the first time as a blogger I've had to take a really hard line and what I quickly realized is where I draw the line in the sand and I'm sorry no one is going to cross that line. That is a blessing because I now know where I stand and what I will put up with as a blogger. Sot it was a blessing!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.