I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Happy...

square root day

I'll bet you thought I would forget this very important day, didn't you? Well I didn't and I do have a very good excuse for not posting earlier. See my sometimers kicked in. I got up a bit later this morning just after 7 am clearly feeling rather horrible with the onset of yet another sinus attack. Despite wanting to crawl back into bed I made a large pot of green tea. While I waited for the kettle I got a bit of relief from a nice saline based nasal spray I found. From there I settled down to drop EC and blog, with the food channel on followed by Unsolved Mysteries then back to the food channel all the while getting up and down with no clear focus. I got pictures ready for a couple of entries on Mom's Cafe Home Cooking, answered a few emails, made a graphic for today's post. I have seriously been all over the place today! So this post has been waiting on the back burner waiting for me to write something somewhat intelligent but it has taken until now to realize I needed to do that.

Today is 03/03/09 which has some significance in the mathematical community. It means the day and the month are the square roots of the last two digits of the year. See, 3 x 3 = 9 or √9 = 3 or 32 = 9. That funky looking sign is the sign for square root. A square root of a number is a number multiplied by itself that gives you that number. Three is the square root of 9 (eg. 3 x 3 = 9). Four is the square root of 16. Five is the square root of 25 and so on. And that's about all my brain can take at the moment but I do wish you a very happy Square Root Day!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. Did not realize it was such an important holiday. Will have to inform hubby.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.