I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Entrecard Refuses to Remove My Blogs!

I requested the removal of all of my blogs from the entrecard system on March 16 (why here). I received 14 messages from them saying Mom's Cafe Home Cooking had been removed. This was the principle account with all other blogs linked to it. Today I received a message that an advertisement was waiting for approval. How could that be when my account was supposed to be deleted. Searching I found that only my primary blog had been deleted but not the linked blogs. This is priceless!

My Journey http://entrecard.com/details/88967
Garden Gnome Wanderings http://entrecard.com/details/108591
Garden Gnome at Home http://entrecard.com/details/88999
Canadian Perspective http://entrecard.com/details/104909

Now this raises a few questions. Why were these blogs not deleted from entrecard's system as I requested? Could it be they left these blogs on their system to inflate how many blogs are actually in the system to attract paid advertisers? Does Graham not know how to use the delete key? Does he not care that members are still trying to buy adverts on my blogs and without my approval the ads will run in 10 days meaning that member paid for advertising that will not be shown because I have removed the widgets?

Here's what I think. These four blogs were intentionally left in the entrecard system to make it appear to advertisers that there are more blogs in the system then there actually are. This really is a last ditched effort for entrecard that has already been predicted not to work. Several well known bloggers have already written on why this is destined for failure including this well respected blogger. Graham has decided to run paid advertising on the entrecard widget 50% of the time which means objectionable and undesirable content can appear on a member's website causing them to lose readers and possible breaking the TOS of other advertising they may already have on their blog. In short he is seeing member's blogs as his personal advertising space to do with what he pleases. He is losing quite a few bloggers who weathered it through his last fiasco over banning a member for a Twitter comment about his hat. Now some blog hosts such as Today.com will not be able to use the entrecard widget which means a lot more blogs are going to be leaving.

Graham does not understand that entrecard only exists because of bloggers and bloggers can certainly take it down. Bloggers can blog about it and he can't censor as he is so very famous for. He can't even comment on blogs unless the blogger wants him to because he taught us bloggers what censorship was all about, a lesson that won't be forgotten any time soon. Graham does not care about members period and he has made that abundantly clear over and over with his actions on the entrecard forums, his relationship with employees and volunteers behind the scenes, and his moderators on the forum. He's rude, obnoxious and very,very immature. More importantly he is running scared right now because the end for entrecard is right around the corner. I for one am looking forward to entrecard's demise!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you've been treated this way. What is the article that he did not agree with? Its sad when things like this happen. wishing you the best. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.