I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, March 13, 2009

My Weight Loss Goal for Spring


It's that time of year with bikini season just around the corner so I have decided to lose a bit of weight and get in shape to become that lean mean muscle machine I just know I can be. Here's my list of things I'm going to greatly reduce or eliminate. Combined they should get rid of a goodly amount of extra weight I've been carrying around.

  1. self doubt - This just has to go. I'm an accomplished person and I don't need anyone else to tell me that. What I need if for me to tell me that!
  2. guilt - I'm sorry but I will no longer take ownership for problems that aren't mine.
  3. negative self talk - This huge weight is just too big for me to lug around anymore so I'm kicking it to the door.
  4. anger - Some anger is a good thing but anger over long past events is just draining and weighing me down.
  5. impatience - I want it and I want it now! Well too bad, this bad boy is out the door to be replace by a pared down version called patience.
To help me in my goal of losing weight I have embarked on the following time tested for effectiveness exercises:

  1. one good belly laugh daily - This is going to be a tough one some days but I am determined to get my flabby abs toned up.
  2. pat myself on the back often - This exercise will build upper body strength while making my pecs look pretty good!
  3. living in the moment - This exercise will come in handy while shopping with my husband. I will simply enjoy being with him and ignore the aching back, sore feet and growling tummy. I will just slip my hand in his and be thankful for this moment.
  4. fire building 101 - I will write down every single thing that is keeping me angry or guilty. Then I will cart that list to the fire pit. This should build both upper and lower body strength while providing that cardiovasular work-out. I will set that list on fire and let it go. This exercise will be repeated until such time the fire department no longer has to attend.
  5. smile - This exercise will keep all those nasty wrinkles from forming on my face by toning the facial muscles. It will also exercise my cardiovascular system when I share a smile with someone else.
Look out world! Here come a new and improved ME v. 2009! I'm going to look so good in my bikini this year LOL.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.