I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Entrecard Fiasco (including funny video)

Entrecard has certainly created a huge fiasco for themselves. Bloggers throughout the blogosphere are either dropping entrecard entirely or taking a wait and see approach. Many are no longer accepting ads or advertising with some saying they will leave the widget on their blogs until entrecard removes them. Now I politely requested the deletion of my entrecard account but entrecard refused to delete all five blogs. That means four of my blogs are continuing to get free traffic from entrecard but entrecard is getting nothing from my blogs. Why? That's because I removed the widgets. I did not want to give them any chance of running inappropriate or offensive content on my blogs. If you are even remotely thinking of leaving entrecard manually remove the widget from your blog before requesting your account deletion. If you do not take this measure Graham will take his sweet time removing your blog from the system leaving your blog open to displaying inappropriate ads. This could cost you in terms of readers and subscribers. It could also cost you in terms of other advertisers pulling their ads due to in appropriate content. Unless you are going to babysit your blog 24/7 get the widget off if you are in this position.

Graham has displayed his immaturity and rudeness over and over again so I would like to invite him to look into the Behaviour Modification School for Candidates. This well respected Canadian training program will quickly change all of your bad habits, Graham. Smooches and thanks for the free traffic :)



Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


3 comments:

  1. Sadly, it says that this video is not available in my country or domain. I am in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! That's is really a shame because Rick Mercer is one of Canada's leading funny guys. In this video he is poking a bit of fun at two of our political groups, the Liberals and Conservatives. This video was just priceless but most of his videos are. The videos are taken from his actual show that will seriously have you bursting yourself laughing! I wonder why they have the restriction?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:24 PM

    EC changed that policy of bloggers not being able to approve ads before they run. They also backtracked on it costing us to decline an ad.

    I have sent in three tickets to have Texas RV Travel deleted from the system. I keep getting notices that they have rec'd my ticket and will get to it.

    EC could have changed blog advertising forever. Instead it started without a plan and has continue to this day the same way.

    Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.