I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, February 15, 2010

Ducks on the Water


Ducks on the Water
February 8, 2010

We have had a lot of waterfowl visiting us lately. I love their visits! Not only are they wonderful to watch in the water and as the take-off or land but they present great photo opportunities. The picture was taken from our dock. The two larger ducks with the reddish heads are Canvass Back ducks. The smaller white and black duck to the right is a Bufflehead duck. I'm not sure what the small duck near the top of the picture is. I'm still working my way through the Duck's Unlimited photo gallery to help me identify the various ducks that visit. What I find interesting is quite often there is a variety of ducks visiting at the same time. Aren't they gorgeous?

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.