I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, February 05, 2010

St. Joseph's Church, Joliet, Illinois

St. Joseph's Church, Joliet, Illinois
St. Joseph's Church
January 22, 2010

I find old churches and historical buildings interesting for both their history and architecture which means I have no problem going a bit out of my way to get a picture. These are the buildings that peak your curiosity begging you to discover more about them. It is always interesting to get the picture then do a bit of research on the building later and so it was with this gorgeous church.

St. Joseph's Church is located at 416 North Chicago Street in Joliet, Illinois to the north end of Joliet City Center. The church was established in 1891 to serve the growing community of Slovenian immigrants who had settled in the town at the end of the 19th century. The present church was erected in 1905. Indiana limestone and it's distinctive duel steeples render the architecture quite impressive. The next time we are in the area I will make a point to see the inside of St. Joseph's as well.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.