I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, February 01, 2010

End of January Thoughts


Top of the Dome
January 23, 2010

My gosh January is always a busy month for us. There is the let down after a busy holiday season while getting things back to normal on gloomy, grey days. Normally we have a few snow storms to deal with as well. It is also one of our vacation months so there is usually a lot going on. Here it is the first of February and I find myself looking back wondering where January went. This year we decided not to fly anywhere for vacation. I just wasn't up to dealing with any of the current airport problems. The weather has been so unseasonable un-winter like that traveling to a warmer climate wasn't as appealing either. My husband has only had to shovel the walkway once. Most of January our lawn has been mostly green occasionally tinged with a heavy frost or a bit of light snow. I spent the first couple of weeks indoors enjoying the winter days and wildlife from the comforts o a warm, cozy house. Most of our meals revolved around homemade comfort foods and soups so there wasn't even anything dramatic going on in the kitchen. At best it was very much a sleeper month :)

Pictured is looking up at one of The Domes at the Mitchell Park Conservatory in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I thought it made for a rather interesting photo. If you would like to read more about The Domes, please check out my gardening blog, Garden Gnome Wanderings. I'm currently writing a series of posts featuring The Domes including pictures and video with the first two posts already published. There will be more coming daily this week.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.