I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, February 26, 2010

Grey Days

ice floating on water
Ice Float
January 15, 2010

Many people living in northern areas have problems with the almost endless grey days of winter, normally referred to as the winter blues. Some are so debilitated that it becomes a disorder known as SAD (seasonal affective disorder) that results in depression they need special lights and/ordrug and/or cognitive-behavioural therapy. Like many the grey days do affect me especially when there are days on end of the greyness as pictured but I have a lot of ways of dealing with the winter blues. The sun is coming out more now chasing the grey away causing the water to appear a deep turquoise and the snow to sparkle. It's enought to brighten the foulest of moods! We can already notice the days getting longer. Before we know it the endless grey days will be gone until late next fall :)

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.