I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Blog Your Blessings Sunday - A New Reminder to be Thankful


I first saw the concept of Blog Your Blessings Sunday on blue panther's blog while surfing on Blog Explosion. The idea of taking time to be thankful for even the smallest things in life isn't new which explains the old saying of take time to smell the roses. So, I have joined in this quest to share my blessings weekly. My goal is to find 10 blessings from the previous week and post those each Sunday.

Last Week's Blessings:

  1. my husband - He is my best friend, lover, confidant, mentor, strength, and support. He's always there for me through everything!
  2. my children - They are amazing young adults with goals and dreams yet know family comes first. They remain very close and in almost daily contact with us and each other.
  3. our new grand baby - She's a little miracle! What a wonderful delight to have this little angel in our lives.
  4. our home - We are so very blessed to own our home! It isn't fancy but is in a good location with a nice view, fairly inexpensive to maintain and allows me to put good food on the table through gardening. It shields us from the world, comforts us and gives us strength
  5. my cooking skills - These are a true blessing and one for which I am very grateful.
  6. compassion - My new dentist is overflowing with compassion! I found him by fluke out of necessity and with my dentist phobia that wasn't easy. He has gone over and beyond trying to keep me calm and comfortable. He is the first good dentist I've ever had!
  7. approaching spring - I'm very blessed that this time of the year sees a building of anticipation and lessening of the dull grey days boosting my mood and energy levels.
  8. gnomes - They spark a bit of childhood imagination and make me smile. These little people bring blessings to the garden in so many ways!
  9. internet - I've been blessed this week to receive several pictures of our new grand baby, keep in touch with relatives living out of country, do a bit of online genealogy, share some of the pictures I've taken with others through my blogs, communicated with many people I will never get the chance to meet, and met a lot of nice bloggers.
  10. just being - The past week was very stressful but I am still thankful for just being.