I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, March 02, 2007

Welcome March 2007


March Came in Like a Lion
Zone 6A, Ontario, Canada


March came in like a lion yesterday with freezing rain, snow flurries and high winds. Today isn't much better. The sun came out for about 10 minutes this morning then all of a sudden everything got very dark and we had a nice snow squawl with white-out conditions! Right now the sun is trying to shine but the skies again look ominous and the winds are now fiercely howling. It's typical March weather changing minute by minute and never knowing what to expect, very bi-polar if you ask me!

I haven't been doing as much genealogy as I should because I've had other commitments. This is the perfect time for doing research inside given the weather conditions outside. A few days ago, I received a couple of emails from a cousin also doing research. Each contained a picture, one of a family member's homestead and the other of a family group photograph. I would have been able to get a picture of the homestead myself but not of the family group photograph. This is why it is so important to make whatever contacts you can when doing genealogy research. Genealogists love sharing especially tid bits, family stories and pictures. Quite often these little jewels will appear in your inbox or through a phone call as the person is going through some of their data and is generous enough to share the information. So keep those lines of communication open and active!


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.