I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, March 23, 2007

Bashing CBC


Sunset
March 22, 2007

The skies have been reflecting March's fickleness changing from blazing colour in the morning to dull grey during the day and more colour at night. We are getting more bright blue with white cloud skies trying to make their way into the grey.

A few entries back I made an entry bashing CBC for cancelling Emmerdale. Now it does seem to be our national pass time to bash CBC, some of it in good humour but sometimes in the what were they thinking category. As Canadians, it is one of the few things we complain about but we are usually polite when doing so. One thing we love poking fun at is our national icons and who helps us do it better than CBC?

In fairness to CBC, they do present some of the best Canadian humour and my now one and only favourite soap, Coronation Street. Some of my favourite comedies are This Hour Has 22 Minutes, Rick Mercer's Monday Report, Royal Canadian Air Farce, Arrested Development, The Red Green Show and the new Little Mosque on the Prairie. Of course there are the comedy club specials always well worth watching and don't forget Hockey Night in Canada with Don Cherry. They have been know to show some very good documentaries with Canada: A People's History being one of the most memorable. If you get a chance to see this series it is more than worth it. The videos can be orders for your personal library. The are a wonderful resource for anyone teaching Canadian History and have been approved for use in the classroom by many Canadian school boards.

Long live CBC. May it continue to tick us off and be a scapegoat while providing us with some very good Canadian programming.


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:59 PM

    hi, its nice to see two of my favourite shows -Emmerdale and Coronation Street- are so poluar with yourself in Canada.
    are you up-to-date there and do you need any advance gossip? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome on to the BYB Sunday Bandwagon!!! looking forward to read many BYB sunday posts on your blog.
    Also, you are free to use any of the banners that you may like on my blog or any that you make for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean, thanks for visiting my blog. Coronation Street is very popular with a lot of Canadians. We see it each evening at 7 pm on CBC then they run the full week's worth Sunday mornings at 9 am. We are about 3 months behind the UK airing so I'm up that to that far. When I get curious as to what's happening next I go to the Corrie fan website. Gossip is always welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the welcome blue panther :) My first BYB will be posted this morning. What a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.