I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, March 05, 2007

Sunset over the Water


Sunset
February 22, 2007


It has been a rough weekend yet nothing was going on. Friday and Saturday nights I fell to sleep easily enough only to wake around 3 am. By Sunday night I was too tired to sleep, if that makes sense. Still I finally drifted off to awaken at 4:30 am and have been up ever since. Over the weekend I've become increasing irritable and this morning I just can't get warm, all clear signs of being overtired.

A restless mind is often the cause of not being able to sleep. My problem is quite often my mind just doesn't want to sleep. It does have a mind of its own, no pun intended. So here I sit, needing to update my blogs with a mind that just doesn't want to co-operate. Oh sure, it will give me hints that sleep would be nice but as soon as I try to sleep, it's a whole different story!

One of the questions I'm often asked is why blog? Blogging is a type of online diary but it can be so much more. I started my first blog on gardening then followed it through with another on cooking, one on homemaking and this one on a catch-all but mainly genealogy. So mine are fairly categorized. For me, blogging makes sense. First you can write on any topic you want or none at all. Second the blog hosts make it easy to change your layouts and add posts as needed. Readers can interact with you which makes it a little nicer than home pages. I can remember when they were all the rage! So I think overall blogs are an improvement on home pages allowing the author to share with others what he or she chooses to.

Apparently there are now sites that pay you to post to your blog and of course the adware didn't take long catching on to the popularity of blogging. I have definite opinions on both of these tactics. I think using a site like payperpost.com reduces the quality of the author's posts. They become no longer unique and part of themselves. In short they are no longer sharing what it was they had hoped for when the first set up their blog. They've lost part of themselves. I hate the looks of the "I'm being paid by for this post" icons. Honestly, that will turn me off anyone's blog immediately! Second, blogs were meant for sharing information both personal or theme based, not for advertising. To my fellow bloggers, get those ads off your blogs! I visit your blogs to read what you have to say, learn a bit, to view your pictures, enjoy your humour and sympathize with your pain. I don't want to see ads, sorry!


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.