I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, August 19, 2008


Basilica of Holy Hill
July 19, 2008

On the way back to the kids' house we made a detour up a long and winding road to Glacier Hills County Park. From the top of the road there is a good view of the Basilica of Holy Hill in the distance. Holy Hill is located on 435 acres of scenic land in southeastern Wisconsin on the highest elevation in the area. The Basilica is undergoing repairs as seen by the scaffolding in the picture. The view of southeastern Wisconsin is said to be spectacular from the scenic observation tower making the climb of 178 stairs well worth it! The tower is closed until the repairs are finished in September so we should be able to go up the tower our next trip to Wisconsin.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2008


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.