I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Chicago


Chicago Skyline
July 17, 2008

Note: The last few entries have been about our recent Wisconsin trip and not a current road trip. I will continue highlighting interesting details from this trip mingled with whatever else I find interesting at the time so I do hope you enjoy this trip's highlights.

I have to admit to loving cityscapes but only because they are such a vivid reminder that humans are the only animals that can change their environment in the way they do. We don't like the cold so we invented indoor heating. We don't like the hot, muggy weather so we invented air conditioning. We have modified our environment to such a degree it really is mind boggling. Nowhere is that more apparent than in cities. What is even more thought provoking as I take pictures of cityscapes is you really are seeing a facade. Out of range of the camera's eye there are so many activities, sights and sounds happening, some good and some not so good. Some are just plain evil and yet the city's facade glosses that over with the towering buildings. It's only when you drive through the city you get a better feel for it and better still is walking yet there are places in any city that you would not want to walk.

Chicago's skyline is marked with the Sears Tower the tallest highrise as pictured above is impressive! . It is hard to take pictures of skylines from the inside of a moving vehicle yet I think this one came out not too bad. It was getting close to 8:30 pm so the light was really getting pour and my camera does not take good landscape pictures with the flash. So I settled back to enjoy the rest of the ride to Wisconsin. We arrived there almost two hours ahead of our estimated time of arrival, not bad for getting a late start to the trip.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2008


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.