I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, August 08, 2008

the woods


The Woods
July 18, 2008

For almost a year one of our kids patiently awaited the coveted K1 visa. During that time spent here, there was a calming force to help ease the anxiety and stress - water. Our view is incredible! It's calming, relaxing and refreshing to the spirit. Of all of our kids I knew city living would not go hand in hand with this one so I really worried after the K1 arrived. I worried constantly hoping the surrounding environment would be as soothing and as close to nature as this kid needs.

We arrived in Wisconsin after dark so I really didn't get to see much other than the huge or voracious mosquitoes. The next morning I wandered onto the back deck to be greeted with this amazing view. The woods unfolded before my eyes with all the sights and sounds. Finally I could relax knowing this would be a good, soothing place! The neighbours much like ours are close enough to be friendly and offer help if needed yet far enough away to give privacy. The scenery is absolutely beautiful and while not the sights and sounds of the water it has it's own unique sights and sound. At night various wildlife visit while coyotes howl in the distance. Absolutely stunning!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2008


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.