I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Blog Your Blessings Sunday - Berries and More Berries

Blog Your Blessings Sunday

The past week was interesting to say the least!  My husband was away for half of the week so I had the house to myself.  I picked up a bit of produce to keep me busy.  The produce included strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries with mangos, lemons and a pineapple thrown in for good measure.  I use a low methoxy pectin which doesn't rely on sugar for gelling so I have free reign on the jams I can create.  I really am limited only by my imagination when it comes to making jams and this is where it gets fun. 

For the most part the focus for the week was berries and more berries.  I had a nice time experimenting in the kitchen.  There were several jars of jams added to the pantry, berries froze and berries popped into my mouth.  I really wanted to dry some berries but the humidity shot up so I didn't.  Hopefully I will be able to get some dried next week.  All in all it was a berry nice week :)

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.