I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Blog Your Blessings Sunday - The Heat Wave of 2010

Blog Your Blessings Sunday

For most of the past week we have been under a heat way with temperatures soaring about 30ºC and high humidity.  We were very lucky in dealing with this heat wave because Monday was the last day of our Canada Day celebrations spent with the kids and grandkids,  my husband took Wednesday off which is traditional during the summer so he only works a 4 day week, the house was comfortable set to 24ºC and I managed to keep the gardens happy.  One day was spent lounging in the boat enjoying the rocking waves at the swim hole.  Another day spent with the kids ending up watching oldest grandbaby's soccer game.  The whole family went except for one kid couple too far to travel for the day.  Now that was priceless and I have 190 pictures to show how priceless that day was!  We ate a lot lighter for the week with more of a focus on raw foods something I'm sure our bodies appreciated.  We spent a few evenings sitting in the sunporch watching the sun go down.  The entire week was very low keyed, just relaxing and enjoying.  Despite the Heat Wave of 2010 that had so many complaining we barely noticed it, the heat that is :)

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:10 PM

    Sounds like you had a wonderful week! I love reading posts like this one because it reminds me to stop and think about all the many blessings in my own life. Now that I think of it, a cup of coffee on the back porch doesn't sound bad at all :-) I'm stumbling this post, then heading over to the coffeepot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vickie :) We did have a wonderful week! Thanks so much for stumbling my post. I really appreciate it and enjoy your coffee.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.