I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, July 12, 2010

Her Empty Frigidaire - An Original Country Song

One of my Twitter friends sent me the link to Paul Sonnenberg's song  Her Empty Frigidaire.  If life gets to the point you can't enjoy eating string cheese the way it was meant to be the only thing you can do is poke a little fun at it!  Enjoy :)




Here's the lyrics:

Her Empty Frigidaire

In the ice box was a single piece of string cheese
That she left me on the night she went away.
I just didn't have the heart
To pull that cheese apart
So I just ate it in the ordinary way.

And there was a beer behind that jar of pickles
If one wrinkled, orphan pickle makes a jar
And I was so glad for that
'Cause you know I'm busted flat
And she's not here to pay my tab down at the bar.

Still there's a light that shines
When the ice box door is open
And I take some comfort there.
But I don't know how long
That light can burn without her
'Cause they called to repossess the Frigidaire...

So this box of saltines just will have to do me
I can make it last at least a day or two
But as I sit here and stare
At her empty Frigidaire
I can't help wondering just where she's gotten to

Still there's a light that shines
At least when the door is open
And I take some comfort there.
And now I know how long
That light will burn without her
'Cause they're here to repossess the Frigidaire.

Well I wish had that little piece of string cheese
That she left me on the night she went away.
I still wouldn't have the heart
To pull that cheese apart
But I could eat one in the ordinary way.
Yes, I could eat one in the ordinary way.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.