I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Blog Your Blessings Sunday -

Blog Your Blessings Sunday

This past week has been a mish mash of excitement, change and experimentation so I have really been enjoying being in the moment.  On the change front we replaced all of the rented satellite tv receivers with purchased ones that will save us the rental fees each month.  Four of the receivers were bought from a friend who was changing providers.  The fifth receiver that actually counts as 2 receivers is an HD PVR.  I really like the idea that I can now record programs I want to see then watch them when I want to without having to be there and it still works if the power goes out.  We could record before with the VCR but half the time I would forget to set it for recording.  Any power disruption would result in no recording.  Then we enrolled the the peaksaver® program through HydroOne.  The technican came out this week to install the free Honeywell UtilityPRO™ touchscreen programmable demad control thermostat ($250 value) replacing the horrible programmable thermostat that was put in when we replaced the central air conditioning.  Oh and we did or I should say the guys we hired did a major ripout of a couple of old garden beds we started ripping out in the fall.  The change is unbelievable!  We now have a blank slate in those areas to recreate garden beds the way we want them.  This is definitely exciting!  On the excitement front we have a couple of things in the works that are very exciting but they will have to remain a secret for a week or so yet.  I promise I will be blogging about both of them.  On the experimentation front I have been doing a fair amount of experimenting in the kitchen.  This is always fun and exciting.  Each of the changes, moments of excitment and experimentation were blesssings much enjoyed!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.