I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Like Chalk Art on Asphalt

Chalk Prints
May 9, 2010

The kids came home for Mother's Day.  I am always amazed as how much I notice the little changes in the grandbabies.   I was still writing in the driveway with sidewalk chalk to greet the two little one when they pulled in.  Oldest grandbaby who definitely is not a baby anymore by any stretch of the imagination loves sidewalk chalk.  Oh sure Grandma is encouraging a future graffiti artist.  Anyway when they arrived oldest grandbaby immediately wanted  to know where Papa was.  I replied Papa would be home around 2 and since the weather was cool and it was lunch time we'd have lunch first then decorate the driveway when Papa got home.  We had a nice lunch  and just when we were finishing Papa arrived home a good hour ahead of scedule.  Oldest grandbaby was elated!  A few thumps up the stairs, jacket on along with the cutest rain boots you've ever seen (hey Mommy has good taste) saw oldest grandbaby out the door with the bucket of sidewalk chalked held tightly.  Papa and oldest grandbaby spent quite some time out there drawing all kinds of neat thing in our driveway.  Jo Jo joined them to add a bit of creative drawings.  I went out to take a few pictures.  Our driveway way the belle of the neighbourhoood!

Pictured are oldest grandbaby's chalkprints.  Aside of the doctor and parents I was the first to hold this very precious little one.  I can't believe how time has flown.  Seriously all the babishness is gone and yet like the one that went before will always be my baby.  In front of me stands a little one more than willing to gives hugs and kisses yet assert authority and buck the system.  There is definitely a strong streak of defiance mixed with even stronger respect.  I gave oldest grandbaby a huge huge then cuddled youngest grandbaby enjoying the baby that still was while memories of my baby now a parent flooded through me and all was well.  I saw what we worked so hard for coming full circle in our grandbabies nourished by what we taught out kids. And life is good :)

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.