I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Meet Our New Lucy



Last October I posted about Lucy.  I should explain a bit further Lucy is a GPS we borrowed from one of our kids for a road trip.  My husband who refuses to use metric if at all possible set the GPS up in miles and the voice to a British accent similar to what you would hear on Coronation Street.  We promptly named her Lucy then burst into fits of laughter when my husband started talking back to her.  As road trips go it was one of the most enjoyable as there wasn't so much as one flare-up over my inability to read a road map.  Even when we went off the route to do a bit of site seeing Lucy got us right back to where we were supposed to be.  It was amazing how easy getting around city streets for site seeing and other points of interest was simply by adding in the desired address.  After borrowing Lucy a few times we finally broke down and bought our own Lucy.

Our Lucy is a TOMTOM GO 630 with US and Canada maps, emergency menu, voice address input, spoken street names and several other great features.  Lucy has a few additional features the old Lucy didn't have so it will be interesting discovering how they work.  At any rate our next road trip out of familiar territory will be a lot easier with Lucy.  Expect to hear more about Lucy in the future.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


2 comments:

  1. Ours is called Gladys - we talk to her and about her frequently. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear someone else names their GPS :) It's an amazing gadget that keeps peace while we are traveling!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.