I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Old Farm Relic

old farm machinery
Old Farm Relic
May 12, 2010

Each year we buy a cow (beef on the hoof) then a friend of ours raises it until it is ready to go to the abattoir.   Most years we split the meat with three other couples but this year we decided to keep half ourselves.  Last Wednesday we took a road trip to pick up our bulk meat purchase.  It was a nice, sunny but chilly, windy spring day just perfect for a jaunt in the country.  Scattered throughout the countryside are old farm relics now used as lawn accents standing as a reminder of quieter and gentler times.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.