I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, May 21, 2010

A Telemarketing Nightmare

Anyone who has followed this blog knows my extreme dislike bordering on hatred for telemarketers.  If you have been following this blog you will also know we have a special phone system at home to deal with these types of call.  Our land line was hooked up at our vacation house so we bought a cheaper phone set figuring we don't need a lot of bells and whistles since anyone important knows how to reach us via cell phone so the land line is really for convenience when here.  I set up the system in the late evening.  I kid you not the very first call was from a telemarketer!  This is a brand new land line so I was not amused.  When the second telemarketer call came through I was less amused.  By the third I was getting testy and by the fourth my Canadian humour kicked into full gear.  This poor enterprising telemarketer aka fourth victim  asked for me by name then went into their script at a point where they asked which did we prefer Master Card or Visa to which I replied cash.  Hey it's the truth but my gosh did this ever throw the telemarketer off especially after a bit of spluttering trying to clarify what credit card I preferred.  I calmly told them I prefer a paid off credit card.  It would appear that wasn't the anser they were looking for so they came back with choose either Master Card or Visa.  I said cash again.  Well it went back and forth like this for a good 10 minutes but heck I was bored and had nothing better to do while waiting for my husband to return from golf so I figure what the heck telemarketer amusement is better than nothing and the best part is I wrote at least one blog post while talking to the telemarketer so it wasn't like my time was totally wasted.  I honestly never did find out what the guy was selling because over the 10 minute period we couldn't get past the cash thing AND I didn't even have to mention the ethics of credit either which is likely a good thing for him because that would have stretched out the call a heck of a lot longer.  I'm hoping he calls back tomorrow, say right about that time I'm a bit bored and need some entertaining :)

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.