I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Blog Your Blessings Sunday - My Amazing Husband

Blog Your Blessings Sunday

We have been married over 30 years.  There are times I really have issues with my husband and quite frankly there are things he does that seriously annoy me.  It's hard living with another person something I think anyone who has been in a long term relationship will attest to.  There are some things that he does simply amazes me!  Yesterday was one of those days.

We have been dealing with my husband's unexpected health issues since May 14, during the 18 hour break between Las Vegas and Florida.  Since then he has been poked, prodded, hospitalized and undergone a variety of medical tests.  Yet he was determined to participate in two community events yesterday.  The first was the Jail & Bail to raise funds in support of Crime Stoppers.  He was 'arrested' for having 'too sharp of a pencil' and successfully raised his bail money to get out of jail.  This was a well worth fundraiser that gives back to the community.  Thanks so much to all who supported him in this fundraiser.  He raised a little over $300 to help make our community a safer place to live for all.


The second community event yesterday started at 7 PM.  It was the Community Relay for Life in support of survivors of cancer and remembering those who did not survive.  I went along to take pictures and honestly this was a very moving and emotional event.  As I looked through the crowd, every single person there had been affected by cancer on one or more levels.  At 8 PM my husband had his beautiful hair shaved off stopping only briefly to honour a generous $50 donation (thanks!) for the mohawk shot.  Then his moustache was shaved off.  This is the second time that has been off in well over 30 years!  But it did not end there.  Thanks to another very generous donation of $100 his eyebrows were shaved off.  Oh my gosh does he ever look different!  Not only did he have monetary support, family and friends as well as clients showed up to give emotional support.  I do have to brag a bit as he raised almost $1,400 for this very worthwhile fundraiser in support of the Canadian Cancer Society. 

At 9:30 PM there was the Luminary Ceremony and like everyone there, we had purchased luminaries to remember family members who did not survive cancer.   Sadly we lit a luminary for my husband's Mom and Dad as well as one for our DIL's sister.  Yet we should have lit a lot more :(  My DIL, middle grandchild who wants to know when they will put the hair back on Papa, and I left around 10 PM.  My husband camped out with his team, continuing the relay until 7 AM Saturday morning.


He did all of this while not feeling well himself.  He unselfishly raised funds to help the community, giving back to the community.  He's a very community minded person but what he did Friday is quite amazing if you ask me.  Kudos to my husband.  I am so very, very proud of him!


Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.