I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Blog Your Blessings Sunday - My Husband's Eyes

Blog Your Blessings Sunday

Sometimes it takes a crisis to remind you to enjoy those little things that really matter the most.  There are a lot of things I love about my husband.  Like many spouses I take some of these things for granted.  If you have been following this blog you will know we were on vacation from May 8 to May 25 with an 18 hour stop over at home.  During that 18 hour period my husband had to go to emerg for an unexpected health problem.  We arrived home on the 25th, he was back in emerg on the 27th then admitted into hospital on the 29th.  The last time he was this sick was back in 1980 when we were living in Edmonton.  He does not get sick other than an odd cold and even then it is not enough to knock him off of his feet. 

I have spent an aweful lot of time looking into my husband's eyes over the couple of weeks.  They are kind, gentle beautiful dark hazel eyes.  They sparkle with laughter lighting up his whole face.  They are the windows to his soul and my gosh, what a grand soul it is!  His eyes shows how much he loves and enjoys his family and life.  This past couple of weeks I saw questioning in those eyes and a bit of worry even though he was trying to hide it.  I saw a trust, not only in my medical sciences knowledge knowing I won't let anyone do anything to him that shouldn't be done but also knowing as a wife I will fight to the end for him.  He was so vulnerable and yet his eyes spoke volumes.  He's on the mend now thank goodness but is still undergoing a battery of medical tests.  I find myself looking directly into those gorgeous eyes to tell me what he is not saying.  May I have many, many more years looking into those eyes!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.