I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mike O'Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge (Hoover Dam Bypass)

Hoover Dam Bypass
Mike O’Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge  
(Hoover Dam Bypass)
May 11, 2011


During our stay in Las Vegas we took a side trip to the Hoover Dam.  There is a new bypass that was completed in October of 2010 spanning the dam.  The 1,900 foot bridge is the longest single-span concrete arch bridge in the western hemisphere.  After touring around the Hoover Dam we took a ride on the bypass.  It was very impressive!  You can't see a lot of the dam from the bridge though as it was constructed in such a manner to prevent cars stopping for sightseeing.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.