I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Looking Down on the Hoover Dam Bypass

a wide view of the Hoover Dam bypass
Looking Down on the Hoover Dam Bypass
May 11, 2011


Driving through the Mojave Desert is a stark contrast to Las Vegas.  It is an absolutely gorgeous drive that brings you out of all the glitz and glitter of Las Vegas, a vivid reminder that this is a desert.  It is easy to view the desert as barren land but it really is buzzing with a variety of wildlife.  The flora and fauna varies depending on the smaller ecosystems within the Mojave Desert.  It really is some of the most amazing natural eye candy!

We explored a bit the day we visited the Hoover Dam.  My husband was entranced by the new Hoover Dam bypass.  So we went off the beaten track to get pictures looking down on the bypass as it snakes through the desert landscape (pictured).  Mind you we were not in a four wheel drive vehicle and my gosh the dirt road we took had a few scary points but we did get those pictures.  It was well worth it!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.