I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, November 11, 2011

And A Soldier Cries, Oh Canada...

[Note: This is a repost from my personal blog, My Journey. It was originally posted on November 11, 2008.  I modify the note each year but have kept the original video intact.  This will be the forth year that I've used this wonderful video tribute to the fine men and women that serve our country.  Not only do they keep us safe they act as amazing Canadian ambassadors helping to maintain peace home and abroad as well as serving in a humanitarian capacity.  Please take a moment to watch the video and ponder the price so many have paid and continue to pay to make Canada the great nation that it is.]

Today I will attend the Remembrance Day ceremony in my hometown.  Yes I have to drive there and it will more than likely be unpleasant weather but I will be there!  I may even stop by the Legion afterwards to share a drink with a couple of family members who served.  I'll  gaze (actually photograph) some of the portraits of those who served in the Legion and Ladies Auxilary, my Mom and uncles for certain.  It doesn't matter how yukky the weather is, I will sit by the river and ponder those who paid the price then wander over to the cemetery to pay my respects.  Every single freedom that I enjoy as a Canadian is a result of the ultimate price paid by those who have served and continue to serve our country.  Let us never forget that!


On the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month we honour our fallen with 2 minutes silence from shore to shore of our great nation, Canada. Please join our nation in showing our respect and how thankful we are for enjoying the freedom they fought so hard for.





Remembrance Day Tribute
courtesy of
Global TV Edmonton


Garden Gnome
©2008-2010

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.