I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Typical November Day

It's a typical cold, dreary, dull and grey November day here in beautiful Ontario, Canada.  This is the type of day I don't like because of it's effect on my mood.  The problem with November is there are more of these types of days than there are sunny ones.  Our last house enhanced the effect of the grey days because it was a dark house with very little natural light, small windows and the main living area mostly below grade.  In many ways, despite being a gorgeous house on beautiful waterfront property, it was very much like a dungeon. 

Our new house is also a bi-level but it differs from our old house in that there is an abundance of natural light reducing the need for artificial lighting during the day, most days.  The only rooms without natural lighting are both bathrooms and the utility room.  We are installing a solar tube in the upper bathroom to bring in natural lighting but the other two rooms don't get enough use to worry about finding a solution for natural lighting. 

While the constant greyness of November slowly drags by, I'm in countdown mode for our winter vacation in the sunny south.  In the meantime, I'm busying myself with anything I can to keep my mind off the grey.  There's still a lot of household organizing to do, paint colours to pick out and painting to do so that should keep me rather busy enough to not notice the grey so much.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.