I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, November 03, 2011

Why Do People Have to be so Mean?

We had to have a bit of work hired out for our new house because it was just beyond our abilities.  Imagine an eleven year old house with no plumbing access for both tub/shower units.  The young chap came in and somewhere in the process got a phone call from his wife.  Oh my gosh, if she actually heard the way he talked, she would be fuming if not worse.  It was down right nasty involving name calling and other put downs.  I was utterly flabbergasted!  If he can say such nasty things behind her back to someone he barely knows, what does he say to her behind closed doors?

My husband and I will be celebrating 35 years of marital bliss.  There is absolutely nothing I would say about him to anyone else that I would not say to his face and I know he is the same way.  Oh sure, we get ticked off at each other but the bottom line is we have respect for each other.  I'm not sure if that is the secret to a long journey together but respect goes a long, long way.  We are not perfect, we have our differences but we are happily married and intend to remain that way until death do us part.  Bad mouthing each other has no place in our relationship!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


1 comment:

  1. Respect is possibly more important that love... definitely more important. You can't have love without it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.