I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, April 20, 2007

Man Wins or Does He?


Defeated
April 19, 2007

Yesterday started off with the promise of a gorgeous and mild day. The real estate agent was showing the house at 4:30 PM so I did the spit and shine routine then headed to the grocery store. I wanted something cooking to give a nice aroma so decided on a small sirloin roast along with fruit to refresh the never ending fruit bowl. That left me enough time to prep the meal, do a little blogging and relax. Since I would be home, the game plan was for her to show the outside first then I go outside while she shows the inside. Everything went according to plan. As always my camera is with me except when sleeping. This is the sight that just brought a great day crashing down!

I've blogged on my garden blog about the guinea hens wandering through the neighbourhood. Guinea hens are great escape artists. At first there was one they he brought his friends so for the past few months there were three. They make a lot of noise but other than that are quite benefical in the garden so I welcomed them. One of my neighbours built a shelter for them and another left his shed open so they had somewhere to rest. Then there were two. Rumour had it that a certain neighbour had trapped one.

Mid-afternoon there was a lot of noise from one of guinea hens so I looked outside. Sure enough there was only one but it was obvious this bird was greatly distressed. I wandered out to the water while the house was being shown only to this sickening sight. The cowardly person who killed the guinea hen simply tossed it into the water. This morning I have watched his mate desperately search for him. She is very distressed. It is such a sad sight to see!


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:18 AM

    That is so sad about the guinea hen. Why do people really need to do that?

    I like your blog and pictures.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sad that people can be so destructive!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.