I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Portals...


Sunset
April 17, 2007

Last night's sunset was gorgeous and I managed to take several good shots along with this fluke zoom shot. It reminded me of portals. As you know I like Harry Potter. The wizards in the books uses various means of moving from one location to another including portals. In the Harry Potter series, portals tend to be normal looking objects with magical powers allowing the wizard to enter. Portals are not new in the literary world though. A rabbit hole was the portal in Alice in Wonderland, a garden gate was the portal in The Secret Garden, the wardrobe is the portal in the Narnia series and the car was a portal in Back to the Future. Then there's the most reported portal from those who have had near death experiences. The portal is a tunnel with a bright light at the end.

It's interesting to ponder on portals especially on a dull grey and rainy day. Do they exist? Is there any proof that they do not? Are dreams a type of portal taking us to another plane of existence? Have you ever woke from a dream that was just too real? Something to ponder...


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.