I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, April 23, 2007

The Squirrel


This Morning's Entertainment

I joined the Click and Comment Monday bloggers. So please click and comment about today's' picture. This picture is kind of a fluke. We had an indoor rodent problem so after taken other measures we installed several electronic and solar pest deterrents throughout the house. The side effect has been the squirrels do not like our yard much anymore. I toss out peanuts each morning for the bluejays. If you want to see a cute video of them taken a couple of days ago, visit my gardening blog, Garden Gnome Wanderings. Each bluejay has their own unique personality as do squirrels. It can be quite entertaining to watch both. Before the pest deterrents, the bluejays would actually go after the squirrels and quite often the squirrels were on the losing end. This young squirrel braved the sonic bombardment then scurried haphazardly into the safely of the maple tree. The picture was take from indoors on zoom using a Canon PowerShot A540.


3 comments:

  1. "It was worth it...it was worth it... I'm deaf now, but it was worth it!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:01 PM

    We've got cardinals that claim the property each spring. I've not seen a squirrel in my yard in the 4 years I've lived here. Rabbits are another story...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I likes squirrels. They tastes like chikin.

    Cute picture! Now I gotta go find me somethin' to eat.

    BFF,
    Miss T

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.