I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, November 21, 2008

The Doe


The Doe
November 11, 2008

The hunting members of the group had been unsuccessful until Tuesday when one of the non-hunting members looked out to see a doe within a few yards of the cabin. Without over clothes or even putting on safety gear the doe was felled a short time later. Considering there were other hunters in the area this likely wasn't the smartest move on their part even though hunters likely would not be that close to the cabins. They put on the safety orange vests and hats before going into the woods to retrieve the deer. The traditions of the hunt camp are that everyone shares in the meat from the kill and part of that year's kill goes to the next hunt camp to bring good luck for another successful hunt.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2008


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.