I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, November 17, 2008

The Log Cabin


Hunt Cabin
November 10, 2008

In the past couple of entries I spoke of my husband going to hunt camp. This really isn't a camp as in Boy Scouts with tents and roughing it but it is more rustic than home life. The group of guys that go all all good friends with one of the guys from the group owning the log cabin. A couple in the group including my husband do not hunt and have no desire to do so but go along for the camaraderie. My husband and another good friend tend to act as the hunt camp cooks.

The cabin is a log cabin heated with a wood stove. That means the main small room is warm or even hot when the fire is stoked up but mornings can see the cabin quite chilly if the fire dies out through the night. Log cabins tend to be rather leaky letting in both cold air and rodents especially when they are used seasonally. This cottage is no different in that it would need some serious winterizing to use it during the cold winter months in Northern Ontario. It was considerably colder there than at home and they did get snow overnight the first night there. Extra warm clothes and blankets were a must even though it was early in the cold season.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2008


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.